Alan Gotesman, MD
Alan Gotesman, MD, is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM), specializing in surgery of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Microvascular surgery
- Upper extremity surgery, including the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Xiaflex® injections for treatment of Dupuytren’s contracture
- Fellowship: Stony Brook University Hospital, Hand and Microvascular Surgery - Participated in rare toe-to-thumb transplant and reattachment of a severed wrist
- Residency: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Orthopedic Surgery; Rutgers University Scarlet Knights, Team Physician
- Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies: Brooklyn College
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- New York Medical College, Assistant Professor of Orthopedics
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1%
- On-Time Physician Award, Vitals
- Patients’ Choice, Vitals
- Compassionate Doctor, Vitals
In his spare time, Dr. Gotesman enjoys hobbies such as marathon running, golf and tennis.
What Dr. Gotesman's Patients are Saying...
Dr. Gotesman is the one to see for anything dealing with the hand all the way to the shoulder. His work is impeccable…You can’t even tell my left shoulder was replaced. I highly recommend him.
- Linda on Google
Without Dr. Gotesman and his performing emergency surgery, I could have easily lost my arm or at best suffered irreparable nerve damage. Would 100% recommend him to any of my friends or family members (and I have) should they be in need of orthopedic care/services.
- Healthgrades review
I can not say enough about this doctor. He takes the time with you to explain everything and makes sure you have the answers to all of your questions. He is very professional and also very nice… Would recommend anyone to him.
-Kelly on Healthgrades
Dr. Gotesman works quickly and efficiently. He diagnosed and repaired my 10 year old’s complicated wrist fracture without having to do surgery. We were both really happy with Dr. Gotesman’s manner and skill.
- Google review
Using microsurgery, Dr. Gotesman repaired the ligaments and the median nerve. My son has full function of his hand today. Highly recommend this surgeon.
- Healthgrades review