Dr. Kraushaar's Specialties
- Hip injury, including arthroscopic repair
- Joint preservation and replacement
- Knee meniscus cartilage and ligament injury
- Shoulder instability and rotator cuff injuries
- Sports injuries of elbow, shoulder and knee
- Total hip replacement from both anterior and posterior approaches
Barry S. Kraushaar, MD
Barry S. Kraushaar, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). He is Dual board certified in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Kraushaar is Medical Director, team physician and assistant clinical professor at Dominican College. Dr. Kraushaar sits on the Board of Directors of the New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons. He was also the founding co-chairman of the Joint Replacement Center at Nyack Hospital.
Dr. Kraushaar completed his fellowship training in sports medicine at Virginia Sports Medicine Institute and Georgetown University, where he published widely about tendon injuries in athletes. His residency in orthopedic surgery was completed at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. His bachelor’s degree in neuroscience was completed at Colgate University.
Dr. Kraushaar is a member of:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Kraushaar has received the prestigious distinction as a Top Doc for the New York Metro Area by Castle Connolly consecutively from 2004 through 2016, and has been named one of Hudson Valley magazine’s Top Doctors five times between 2006 and 2015. He was also voted as one of the Top Doctors in 2015 by (201) Family magazine.
In his free time, Dr. Kraushaar enjoys performing locally with various bands while playing drums, as well as skiing down mountains and through the water. He is certified to scuba dive and is a first-degree black belt in Shokojitsu Ryu.
Dr. Kraushaar's Awards:
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017 – Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2017
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2017
- Compassionate Doctor 2016
- Patients’ Choice 2016
- Hudson Valley Top Doctors
- Compassionate Doctor 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 1%
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2016
- Patients’ Choice
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors
- 10th Anniversary
- Hudson Valley Top Doctors June 2013
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2013
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 16th Edition
- 2012 Patients’ Choice
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2012
- 2011 Compassionate Doctor
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 15th Edition
Schedule an Appointment