Barry S. Kraushaar, MD
Barry S. Kraushaar, MD, is a dual-board certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM), specializing in joint preservation and replacement.
- Hip injury, including arthroscopic repair
- Joint preservation and replacement
- Knee meniscus cartilage and ligament injury
- Shoulder instability and rotator cuff injuries
- Sports injuries of elbow, shoulder and knee
- Total hip replacement from both anterior and posterior approaches
- Fellowship: Virginia Sports Medicine Institute, Georgetown University
- Residency: Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, Orthopedic Surgery
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies: Colgate University
- Dominican College, Medical Director, Team Physician and Assistant Clinical Professor
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons, Board Member
- New York State Medical Society, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- Nyack Hospital Joint Replacement Center, Founding Co-Chairman
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors
- Top Doctors, Hudson Valley magazine
- Top Doctor, (201) Family magazine
- Patients’ Choice, Vitals
- Compassionate Doctor, Vitals
In his free time, Dr. Kraushaar enjoys performing locally with various bands while playing drums, as well as skiing down mountains and through the water. He is certified to scuba dive and is a first-degree black belt in Shokojitsu Ryu.
What Dr. Kraushaar's Patients are Saying...
Excellent doctor addressed alternative options - easy to understand, gracious and knowledgeable.
- Richard on Healthgrades
Dr. K was so upfront about what to expect and his sense of humor put me right at ease. Follow up care was exceptional!
- Lisa on Healthgrades
Dr. Kraushaar recently performed an anterior hip replacement on me. I can't believe how pain free I was and how quickly I recovered... My other hip is about to go and I will look no further than Dr. Kraushaar to help me again.
- Larry on Healthgrades
He is honestly the best doctor I've ever had. He's fixed everything I've gone into the office for. He does not elect for surgery, in fact he does everything to keep that from happening.
- Victoria on Google
I went to Dr. Kraushaar barely able to walk and in a lot of pain. Dr. Kraushaar’s caring and understanding approach... gave me strength and hope. His knowledge, professionalism and a fact that he is a great surgeon have generated amazing results - I was able to walk (with a walker) 12 hours after the hip replacement surgery...THANK YOU DR. KRAUSHAAR!!!
- Arus on Google
Dr. Kraushaar is an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend him. He is very thorough and his expertise is impeccable. He genuinely cares about his patients ..... he listens to his patients and addresses your concerns. He makes you feel as if you were one of his family members. We highly respect him and his ability to treat his patients.
He is the best of the best!
- Lorraine on Google
Schedule an Appointment