Dr. Ilan’s Specialties
- Arthritis of the hand and wrist
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complex wrist, hand and elbow fractures
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Pediatric hand conditions
- Shoulder rotator cuff and labral tears
- Sports injuries to the upper extremity
Doron Ilan, MD
Doron Ilan, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). He specializes in the management of injuries and disorders of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder, with a special interest in minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery.
In addition to his position with NEOSM, Dr. Ilan is a member of the Board of Directors of the Lymphatic Education and Research Network.
Dr. Ilan completed the Stanford University Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship, where he trained with the current team physician for the San Francisco 49ers and Stanford University.
He completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the NYU Langone’s Hospital for Joint Diseases, where he was awarded the Frauenthal Award for Orthopedic Research. During that time, he also served as a physician for the New York Mets at Shea Stadium and the Alvin Ailey Dance Company.
Dr. Ilan received his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and served on the governing board of the Louisiana State Medical Society. He graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in psychobiology from Binghamton University.
Dr. Ilan is a former contributing editor of the Year Book of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery and has published multiple articles in orthopedic journals. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and a member of the Medical Society of the State of New York. He has been named a Top Doc by New York Magazine, Westchester magazine and Castle Connolly.
Dr. Ilan is an avid athlete and –after playing collegiate soccer and rugby– has become an endurance sports enthusiast. He is a three-time Ironman triathlon finisher and has also completed multiple long-distance running races, including the New York City, Boston and San Francisco Marathons. Dr. Ilan also coaches youth sports including soccer, basketball and lacrosse. He enjoys skiing and spending time outdoors with his family.
Dr. Ilan's Awards:
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2020
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2020
- New York Magazine Top Doctors 2020
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2020– Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2019
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2019
- New York Magazine Top Doctors 2019
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2019 – Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2018
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2018
- New York Magazine Top Doctors 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018 – Top 1%
- Patients’ Choice 2018
- New York Magazine Top Doctors 2017
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017 – Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2017
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2017
- Patients’ Choice 2017
- Compassionate Doctor 2017
- Westchester Magazine Top Doctors 2016
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2016
- New York Magazine Top Doctors 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 1%
Schedule an Appointment