Doron Ilan, MD
Doron Ilan, MD is an Orthopedic Hand and Upper Extremity surgeon at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM), specializing in the management of injuries and disorders of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder, with a special interest in minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery.
- Arthritis of the hand and wrist
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complex wrist, hand and elbow fractures
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Pediatric hand conditions
- Shoulder rotator cuff and labral tears
- Sports injuries to the upper extremity
- Growths/tumors of the upper limb
- Nerve and tendon injuries
- Ligament injuries
Fellowship: Stanford University, Hand and Upper Limb Surgery, Micro-vascular Surgery
Residency: NYU Langone Hospital for Joint Diseases, Orthopedic Surgery – Frauenthal Award for Orthopedic Research, Physician for NY Mets and Alvin Alley Dance Company
Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Louisiana State Medical Society governing board
Undergraduate Studies: Binghamton University – BS Psychobiology, Cum Laude
- Board Certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member
- Medical Society of the State of New York, Member
- Lymphatic Education and Research Network, Board Member
- New York magazine: Top Doctors
- Westchester magazine: Top Doctors
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Super Doctors: New York Area
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1%
- Patients’ Choice, Vitals
- Compassionate Doctor, Vitals
Dr. Ilan is an avid athlete and, after playing collegiate soccer and rugby, has become an endurance sports enthusiast. He is a three-time Ironman triathlon finisher and has also completed multiple long-distance running races, including the New York City, Boston and San Francisco Marathons. Dr. Ilan also coaches youth sports including soccer, basketball and lacrosse. He enjoys skiing and spending time outdoors with his family.
What Dr. Ilan's Patients are Saying...
Dr. Ilan has been my orthopedist for many years. He has treated many of my family members and is very knowledgeable. He explains everything carefully and clearly. I had a carpal tunnel surgery done by him and the outcome was far better than several other people I know that had it done by other surgeons. He uses a less invasive method that has a faster recovery time. I highly recommend this doctor.
- Dee on Healthgrades
Dr. Ilan was very supportive and answered my questions. He did a great job on both of my hands and one shoulder. I recommend him to others with similar problems.
- Healthgrades review
Dr. Ilan is a brilliant surgeon and a kind, caring person. I highly recommend him and his staff.
- Healthgrades review
Great Hand Specialist. I have been to a few and Dr. Ilan is one of the best. He is thorough and can find the issues that other Doctors have missed.
- Nick on Google
Dr Ilan has a great bedside manor, made sure I had no pain
& a sense of humor as well. Anyone needing a hand surgeon would be lucky to have Dr Ilan!
- Christine on Google
Dr. Ilan's Locations
Schedule an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists, contact us today. For your convenience, you may also fill out the form to the right to set up an appointment.