Dr. Robinson's Specialties:
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary pain management
- Electrodiagnostic testing (EMGs and NCVs)
- Implantation of spinal cord stimulators
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Ultrasound-guided non-spine and nerve injections
- X-ray/fluoroscopy guided spine injections
Michael D. Robinson, MD
Michael D. Robinson, MD, is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). He is triple board certified in physiatry, electrodiagnostic testing and pain medicine.
Prior to his position with NEOSM, Dr. Robinson held several clinical positions, including:
- Assistant Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Neurology in the Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Board member of the Ramapo Valley Surgical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Major in the U.S. Army Medical Corps
Dr. Robinson completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and his bachelor’s degree from Clark University.
He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Academy of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
When not treating patients, Dr. Robinson enjoys hiking, often joined by his dog, Sage, and he summited Mount Kilimanjaro in 2014. He also likes to cook, garden and bike. He has a strong interest in the practice of meditation.
Dr. Robinson's Awards:
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2017
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017 – Top 5%
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2017
- Hudson Valley Top Doctors
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 – Top 5%
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 2016
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors
- 5th Anniversary
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2013
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors 16th Edition
Schedule an Appointment