Dr. Shuren’s Specialties:
- Arthroscopy of the wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Complex wrist, hand and elbow fractures
- Duputyen’s contracture, including Xiaflex® injections
- Pediatric and congenital hand conditions
- Repetitive stress disorders including carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis
- Treatment of arthritis in the upper extremity including joint replacement
Neal H. Shuren, MD
Neal H. Shuren, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). Dr. Shuren is Dual board certified in orthopedic and hand surgery, and has a special interest in treating traumatic injuries of the upper extremity and upper extremity reconstruction.
In addition to his position at NEOSM, Dr. Shuren is also Director of the Hand Surgery program at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, a clinical assistant professor at New York Medical College and the Site Director for medical student education at Good Samaritan Hospital / New York Medical College.
Dr. Shuren completed a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at Loma Linda University Medical CenterUniversity/Langone Medical Center where he assisted in the treatment of players from the NBA, NHL and MLB. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at New York University School of Medicine. He received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine, where he was elected to be a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He received his bachelor’s degree from Boston University.
Dr. Shuren is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. He has numerous publications in the field of hand surgery and has presented papers at regional and national hand society meetings. He established the first Orthopedics Hand Surgery practice in Rockland County in 1996 and has been named Top Doc in the New York Metro Area by Castle Connolly and one of America’s Top Doctors by Consumers’ Research Council of America.
He is an avid athlete and enjoys playing basketball, tennis and volleyball. He loves to give back to the community and has provided medical care at local high schools, colleges and professional sporting events. He has also helped organize and provide direct care for the World Maccabi Games.
Dr. Shuren’s Awards:
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2020
- Vitals Patient Choice Award 2020
- Vitals On Time Physician Award 2020
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award 2020
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017 – Top 5%
Schedule an Appointment