Neal H. Shuren, MD
Neal H. Shuren, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). Dr. Shuren is Dual board certified in orthopedic and hand surgery, specializing in the disorders of the wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Arthroscopy of the wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Complex wrist, hand and elbow fractures
- Sports injuries of the upper extremity
- Duputyen’s contracture, including Xiaflex® injections
- Pediatric and congenital hand conditions
- Repetitive stress disorders including carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis
- Treatment of arthritis in the upper extremity including joint replacement
- Undergraduate Studies: Boston University
- Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Residency: New York University School of Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Loma Linda University Medical Center, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center Hand Surgery Program, Director
- New York Medical College, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Good Samaritan Hospital/New York Medical College, Site Director for Medical Student Education
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 5%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor
- New York Metro Area’s Top Doctors
- Consumers Research Council of America, Top Doctor
Dr. Shuren has published numerous articles in peer reviewed journals and presented research at national hand meetings.
He is an avid athlete and enjoys playing basketball, tennis and volleyball. He loves to give back to the community and has provided medical care at local high schools, colleges and professional sporting events. He has also helped organize and provide direct care for the World Maccabi Games.
What Dr. Shuren's Patients are Saying...
Shout out to Northeast Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. I had rotator cuff surgery 10 days ago and it almost looks like it never happened. So happy with my doctor Dr. Shuren and the staff.
- Jillian on Facebook
My husband and I have been Dr. Shuren's patients for over 10 years... Dr. Shuren is patient and careful to explain every procedure and condition thoroughly.
- Lillian on Healthgrades
Highly recommend Dr. Shuren. Great bedside manner, excellent doctor.
- Healthgrades review
Excellent bedside manner, quick appointment with immediate relief after cortizone injection. I highly recommed Dr. Neal Shuren.
- Nicole on Google
Schedule an Appointment