Richard L. Popowitz, MD
Richard L. Popowitz, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Northeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (NEOSM). Dr. Popowitz is dual board-certified in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.
- Sports medicine
- Surgery of the knee
- Surgery of the shoulder
- Treatment of the competitive athlete
- Fellowship: Stanford University, Sports Medicine
- Residency: University of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital, Orthopedic Surgery
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies: Yale University
- Dominican College, Associate Professor
- Miami Marlins, Former Assistant Team Physician
- Top Doctors, New York magazine
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1%
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor
- Top Doctors, Hudson Valley magazine
- Compassionate Doctor, Vitals
- On-Time Physician Award, Vitals
- Patients’ Choice, Vitals
Originally a Rockland native, Dr. Popowitz returned to the area in 2004 to practice orthopedic surgery.
What Dr. Popowitz's Patients are Saying...
Great office, great staff, great doctor! He took the time to answer all my questions. Overall, a great experience, a very good and nice doctor.
- Max on Healthgrades
Dr. Popowitz is a gifted surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. Instead of just answering my questions, we had a conversation allowing me [to] clearly understand both the surgery and recovery process. Being mentally prepared going into this procedure was huge. This provided me with the confidence needed to work through the pain in order to regain my strength and mobility.
- Steve on Healthgrades
Dr. Popowitz is an excellent physician with pristine bedside manner and clinical acumen...I highly recommend him!
- Healthgrades review
Dr. Popowitz recently performed a total knee replacement surgery on my right knee. I could not be happier with the result. I highly recommend Dr. Popowitz to anyone having this surgery done in the Rockland County area.
- Frank on Healthgrades
I had the bad luck of rupturing my Achilles’ tendon playing basketball. Fortunately, I had the good luck of finding my way to Dr Popowitz at Northeast Orthopedics. Extremely happy with my recovery and I highly recommend Dr Popowitz.
- Josh on Google
Both my children have been seen on separate occasions by Dr. Popowitz. Both experiences have been made pleasant by Dr. Popowitz's professional and kind demeanor. The care we received was exceptional. I would highly recommend him if you need an orthopedist for adults or children.
- Trisha on Google
Dr. Popowitz is exceptional... He took the time to explain to me...what I had to do in order to recuperate as quickly as was possible, and what I should do in order avoid this from happening again.
- Bob on Google