How about a pop quiz? Orthopedic fun-facts, safety tips… how do you think you’ll do answering these questions? Let us know how you do! (answers at the bottom of the page)
*Here’s a tip – all the answers can be found in our News & Blog posts!
1. Which of these should you NOT do when in a cast?
A. Elevate as needed
B. Wash the cast with soap and water
C. Keep it clean
D. Have people sign it
2. TRUE or FALSE: Tommy John is a tendon in the elbow.
3. Bending your head down 45-60% can put as much as XX lbs of force on your upper spine.
A. 30 lbs
B. 60 lbs
C. 75 lbs
D. 90 lbs
4. ______ is responsible for over 2 million fractures per year
Arthritis OR Osteoporosis
5. What should you bring with you to your orthopedic appointment?
A. Insurance card
B. List of medications or supplements
D. All of the above
6. Aside from calcium, which vitamin is essential for bone health?
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin B
C. Vitamin C
D. Vitamin D
7. According to Dr. Ilan, is cracking your knuckles bad?
C. No, but just don’t do it around him.
8. TRUE OR FALSE: People hurt themselves cutting avocados so often that there’s a name for it.
- B. You should always try to keep your cast dry. We share more cast care tips in this post.
- False. Tommy John surgery is named for the famous pitcher it was first performed on. Here’s more about it.
- B. Looking down at your computer or phone puts a lot of pressure on your neck. We explain in our Text Neck article.
- Osteoporosis. Learn all about preventative measures here.
- D. Find out all you need to prepare for your appointment in our guide.
- D. Read all 5 keys to bone health.
- C. He doesn’t like it, but see why it’s ok.
- True. Yup, it’s called Avocado Hands and it could be pretty serious. Here’s our preferred way to prep our favorite add-on.